Thursday, February 23, 2012

A bit of Everything


  • We went to a wedding this weekend and my parents came and watched the boys so Chad and I actually had a weekend to ourselves.  It was a little strange to not be woken up in the wee hours of the morning when my kids for some reason enjoy getting up.  We went to Chapel Hill which was fun to see the campuses (UNC and Duke). Lots of fun and a beautiful wedding all around. We were happy to see our boys on Sunday afternoon though :)

  • I lost a little weight this week (206) So at least that's a pound, even with all the YUMMY food that I was surrounded by at the wedding this weekend.  I don't have any major travel plans in the next few weeks so I am hoping to actually stay within my point plus range and get some weight off.

  • I ran 7 miles today, ok well I walked some especially in the beginning and then ran the rest.  I read the Hunger Games this weekend and got a little freaked out being on the trail in the woods so I turned around and high tailed it back towards civilization ;)  So my last 3 miles were MUCH faster than my first 4.  I wore a pair of socks that I knew I shouldn't have they are far too thick and make my shoes feel too tight, but I wore them none the less and I have some wicked blisters on my my toes because of it, that and the fact that the trail was SUPER muddy so I ran through a couple puddles and got my shoes ( and therefore sock) wet which sucked big time.  Other than that I feel pretty good.  I walked about a mile cool down and stopped and stretched along the way and then did a long stretch after I came home and took a hot hot hot shower.

  • Declan is getting so big!  He is taking after this brother and thinks that it is really funny to stick his tongue out and make spit noises.  Ahhh, life with boys they are both so cute and I can't get enough of them!

(These are not super recent pictures but they are so stinking cute I just love it!)




No comments:

Post a Comment