Monday, April 9, 2012

Half Marathon

So, I have been MIA for a bit...more on that later.  First, I finished my first HALF MARATHON! And let me tell you it was HARD!  So much harder than I thought, even though I trained for it and felt really prepared.  Originally I wanted to finish in under 3 hours and then I just wanted to finish.

My official time was 3:16:44 and I am happy with that (for now).  So I ran the Knoxville Half Marathon and I don't know if any of you have ever been to Knoxville (or run this race) but it is HILLY! I mean hill after hill after hill it felt like there was no down hill just up and flat.  I am looking for another race to run later this year that is a little less hilly and then to run Knoxville again next year in better shape and hopefully down some pounds to really see how far I have come!

I was supposed to run this race with my sister and college roommate....but they both bailed so I ran it alone and talked to a few people along the way.  I didn't even put in my headphones instead I decided to just enjoy the race atmosphere which was a lot of fun! I feel like I really have the running bug now and can't wait to do more races!

No comments:

Post a Comment