Wednesday, February 29, 2012

One of those Days

Today was one of those days where EVERYTHING made me mad.  Seamus bounced off the walls, literally, Declan fussed no matter what I did, the house seemed to get messier and messier and all I wanted to do was have 5 minutes to myself.  5 minutes of quiet, 5 minutes of me.  So I did what any other sane person would do, I yelled and yelled and slammed door and finally left.  Where did I go you ask?  The grocery store, yes, the grocery store.  Anytime I really need time to myself and just don't feel like exercising  (AT ALL) I go to the grocery store and walk up and down every isle and it may seem silly but it gives me time to clear my head and get my mind focused back on taking care of my family and how blessed I am to have money to buy food and the ability to make yummy meals for my family.

I came home renewed and grateful.  I baked a loaf of irish soda bread and prepared some cookie dough from one of our Hemlock Inn recipes that will be baked later tonight or tomorrow.  Tomorrow is another day and I will make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment