Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Life with Boys

Anyone who is a parent to those interesting little creatures known as boys knows that they can make you crazy ( I mean CRAZY) but they are so cute while doing it sometimes it makes me want to scream!!  Seamus is beginning to show some small signs of jealousy when I am holding, feeding, paying attention at all to Declan.  This came out in a hilarious way this morning.  First a little back story:  I was able to potty train Seamus about 2 weeks before he turned 2, so around the beginning of December, it went pretty quickly and he really took to it.  (Anyone preparing to potty train feel free to ask questions.  I worked at a day care with young 2 year olds before moving and staying at home so in the last 3 years I have potty trained close to 60 children.)  Before potty training Seamus did not like to wear pants, he would kick them off first chance he got, but his shoes had to stay on :) Fast Forward to this morning.  I am feeding Declan trying to wake myself up since Seamus still enjoys getting up before 7am Seamus is being his normal silly self when he decides not only are his pants coming off but he is going to take his little underoos off as well and run/dance around screaming PAWYEE, PAWYEE, PAWYEE (potty) so I put Declan down take Seamus to the bathroom (he doesn't go) and then he climbs in my lap and asks for Thomas.  Quite a drastic little move to get me to put Declan down and gain my attention.  I can only imagine what his next tactic will be.  Oh boys, boys, boys, gotta love em.

No comments:

Post a Comment