Saturday, January 23, 2010

Gowing Up

My little man seems to be growing so fast! It seems like just yesterday I saw him for the very first time, and now I find myself almost 6 weeks later looking at him with the same wonder as those first moments. He has changed so much over the past 6 weeks and it amazes me every day. He has started smiling and cooing and it warms my heart every time I see his smile and hear him coo. I put him in his Bumpo seat for the first time yesterday and he sat up and just looked around at the world in wonder. There is such innocence when you look at a child and see the wonder that they are and the amazement as they discover new parts of the world. I never really understood my parents when I heard them say how fast we grew up...I completely understand now. It is truly amazing to see Seamus grow up before my eyes.

The love that I feel for this little boy is indescribable. I see him and think about the wonderful gift that God gave us in Jesus. How blessed we are! He gave the life of His Son so that our sins would be forgiven. And Mary...right after I had Seamus Chad's oldest sister came to visit and we had a talk about Mary (she has 2 boys of her own). We talked about Mary and how she gave birth to Jesus knowing he would die for our sins...How!! The faith that she had is amazing! I see my son and cannot even imagine it. The gift of Jesus Christ is one that we should be thankful for all year and not only during the holiday time. I am happy to be raising a son and a child of God.

We will raise Seamus is a home where he will know everyday the gift of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. You sound so happy - as you should be! =)
    LOVE THE NEW LAYOUT!!!

    ReplyDelete