Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sleepy Time

Recently Seamus has started sleeping between 6-8 hours at night. Every now and then he will still wake up about 3:00am or 4:00am. So I decided to try him sleeping on his tummy, he loves it! He loves to rub his little face on the sheets and nuzzle his little nose to get comfy. It has made such a difference in his sleep! Not only in the length of time that he sleeps but he also seems so much happier during the day, he it not only sleeping longer but he is getting better sleep since he is comfy. Now I know that a lot of people would gasp at the fact that my 4 month old is sleeping on his tummy and not on his back like American Academy of Pediatrics recommends. But they don't know my baby he is so strong and he can roll over (from tummy yo back) he has been trying so hard lately to roll from his back to his tummy and he is almost there just not quite yet. Just think about it... how do you sleep? I sleep on my stomach and when I try to sleep on my back it's just not as comfortable and I don't sleep as well. What do you think? How do you and your baby sleep?

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found something that works!! Ansley barely tolerates tummy time and hates rubbing her face... Haha! I am a side sleeper... I can't sleep on my tummy either. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would put Eden on her back and most mornings we'd find her asleep on her stomach.

    ReplyDelete